Where can I put a humidifier on my furnace?

Started by Tailee, February 17, 2024, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tailee

Looks like I have some space issues.
I have wood flooring and the humidity is down to 25%.
Any suggestions?

I wanted to put an Aprilaire in.
The exhaust is 3" from the duct.
8" between the return
7" on the water heater side -

Below is my current equipment.
Aprilaire Model 700 Automatic Whole House
Armstrong Utra V Model G1D91BU100D16C-1A
Venmar HEPA 3.2 Model HEPA320
vanEE Heat Recovery unit V160H75RS

Sergroum

Thats fun.  Doable if you redo the vent pipes. But if a tech touches those vent pipes, he'll be forced to redo them.

If you plan to do this yourself, I'm not sure if any advices are wise.  Its doable, if the technician is innovative enough

Hgye

Do you have room to hang an Aprilaire 800 off the return air?

Admin

If there's not room to mount a bypass humidifier on the back of the supply or return the Aprilaire 800 Steam humidifier might be the only option.  You can run a dispersion tube up to 6'.

scarey8

I've been met with a similar installation challenge for a bypass humidifier in the past. 

I affixed a custom fish lock collar to short side of the drop duct, The fish lock collar was measured to match the rear dimension of the humidifier or slightly larger.  A block end was attached to "humidifier" end of this sheet metal fitting, cut out the opening of the humidifier in this block end as you would if you mounted it onto duct work or a plenum.  This orientation allowed the humidifier to be mounted to the return drop and a bypass connection to the supply side. 

One of those innovative solutions you come up with if you turn your head side ways while looking at a problem for long enough.