Enbridge Contractor Bulletin - Warning Tags

Started by Admin, March 11, 2013, 09:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Download the Enbridge Contractor Bulletin - Here

Download the Enbridge Warning Tag Document - Here

Bobl

I don't get it. why do the contractors have to pay to have these tags printed, when the utility should supply them.

union gas supplies contractors with a standard warning tag form with the union gas name and phone number.

Admin

There's no requirement to use or pay for printed warning tags.

Read Ontario Regulation 212/01 Sections 13 and 14.  

We would still have to notify the owner and distributor of any unacceptable conditions in writing, and we would still have to attach a notice to the appliance describing the problems, but at least we have the choice to use plain paper.

The next time the TSSA is doing a compliance audit ask them for warning tags.  The inspector would probably give you a couple packs of TSSA warning tags for free.  ;D

Bobl

I cover Enbridge and union gas territory. union gas supplies a 3 part warning tag  2 paper , the third a cardboard like copy.and send them by courier 25 at a time. TSSA tags suck they are not multi copy and you cant put enough info!

Admin

The TSSA warning and pressure test tags do include multiple carbon copies.  I agree though, there's not much room to write on the TSSA warning tags.  If I have multiple infractions I only write the gas code clause numbers on the warning tag, but include a detailed description of each problem on the clients invoice.

walker

yeah those tssa tags are a real pain, not nearly enough room to write all the required info on them.

Admin

It looks like they changed the B Tag to 42 days.

Shane

Hi Guys, Can you only purchase/use pressure test tags from TSSA? All vendors I contacted said they were not allowed to sell them?

Also went to a job today that had a B tag for not having the propane conversion kit information on it. The problem I have is that I don't know what make or specifications to list on the tag  as the previous installer did not leave any information behind. Thoughts?

Cheers

Admin

Do you mean pressure test tags or warning tags?

You don't need to buy pressure test tags from anyone.  You could make your own.  You could also have a company sticker made with your name and phone number and it could also include the information required by Clause 6.22.6.  Attach that to the duct work.

QuoteClause 6.22.6 - The person required to perform the pressure test specified in 6.22.2 or the leak test specified in 6.22.4 shall immediately thereafter attach a tag stating the following information to the piping, tubing system or an appliance in a readily accessible location protected from the environment:
(i) Address of test;
(ii) Contractor's name (if applicable, see note below)
(iii) Contractor's registration number (if applicable, see note below)
(iv) Date of test
(v) Test pressure
(vi) Test duration
(vii) Total pipe length
(viii) Pipe size
(ix) Gas Technician name
(x) Gas Technician certificate number and classification
(xi) Statement: "DO NOT REMOVE"
Note: The information required in 6.22.6(ii) and (iii) (contractor name and registration number) may be completed as "N/A" if the gas technician completing the test or his or her employer was not required to register as a contractor at the time the test was performed; e.g. a factory, hospital or university that employs maintenance staff with appropriate gas certificates.

What Clause did they write on the B-tag?

Most conversion kits come with LP stickers that you put on the gas valve and rating plate.  You should be able to satisfy Clause 4.5.4 by using a sharpie and writing LP on the rating plate.

QuoteClause 4.5.3 - When an appliance is converted from the gas or fuel specified on the rating plate, the conversion shall be in accordance with the manufacturer's certified instructions. If there are no manufacturer's instructions for conversion of the appliance, the converted appliance shall be approved.

Clause 4.5.4 - If an appliance is converted from one gas to another, the gas to which it is converted shall be marked on the appliance rating plate by the fitter making the conversion.

Shane

Hi The Clause was 4.5.4 conversion label not filled out and affixed to rating plate

14 days notice to to complete

Frosty

Wholesly/ Frontier and Noble sell pressure test tags.Thats where I get mine from

Porcupinepuffer

All HVAC wholesalers carry pressure test tags.

For the conversion fail: Most kits often come with multiple stickers. One goes on the brass screw of the single or two stage gas adjustment on the valve. One goes on the actual valve (in a spot where nobody can ever see it), and one or two more stickers will go on the door by the other rating plates that may specify the propane rating plate specs instead of natural gas specs
The other sticker is one that you typically fill out with a pen that may ask for the date of the conversion, the company that did the conversion, sometimes the technician name who did it, the conversion kit model # that was installed, and specific fill in the blank spot where you indicate it has been converted from natural gas to propane gas.

If you do all that, you should be more than good enough to satisfy the inspector. Unless he's extremely anal about use of the original stickers instead of a marker.

Shane

Hi Guys, Thanks for the feedback its all cleared up now

Side not, My local suppliers. WWG Fortress, Woseley Nobel Marks supply all don't carry pressure tags. I'm in Kitchener Waterloo region, I cannot source them locally. If anyone is in this area and knows of a supplier please let me know.

Cheers

Frosty

Call Nobel..heres the part number for them...."OGUCARD". they will get them for you