Testing for co on a boiler with an integral draught hood

Started by Tod, October 20, 2013, 07:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tod

Hi
In the Tessa document FSLIC-200-12 is say's to test for co between the heat exchanger and the draught hood,
How would this be carried out on a boiler with an integral hood?

Thanks for any help.

Tod

Admin

This CO test would only apply to natural draft boilers with an input of less than 300,000 BTU's.

Tod

Hi Admin

I have a G2 since last October, and have been asked to service to residential hydronic boilers, previously I serviced the same in the UK,  it was always carried out using smoke matches and pellets, a manometer  and flue brushes, things have moved on and I now have a TPI 709 and learnt how to use it working for a service company while doing my co-op.
These boilers are always natural draught up to around 200,000 btu's and are covered by the document. I feel the TSSA  should clarify  this.

Thanks

Tod

Admin

QuoteThe gas technician shall take a CO reading in the flue gas upstream of the draft control device (between the heat exchanger and the draft control device) with the boiler operating at steady state under normal operating conditions.  If the CO reading exceeds 100 PPM*, the boiler shall be considered an immediate hazard and the gas technician shall;

There must be a way to make a test hole or remove a section of the boiler in order to test.

What is the model of the boiler you are working on?