troubleshooting with guages

Started by mattmctree, June 05, 2013, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattmctree

I have my 313d but was mainly in installation abnd do not have much in depth service experience. i have been on service for a little bit but have minaly been encountering blown capacitors, leaky evap coils etc. i need to get better at doing diagnostics with my guages and learning what the pressures and temps are telling me. i unfortunatley did not have the opportunity to work under a journeyman that much at my company so i am learning as i go, as im sure some of your have done as well. any tips would be great. possible night courses or reading materials would be great as well.

walker

I have a chart I use, that shows possible problems depending on whether the low and high pressures are too high or too low and what the possible scenarios are for those readings, I'll scan it and post it on here when I get a chance.  That's what I use and I'm in a similar situation, just learning as I go.

Admin

I used the same chart to learn.

Download it - Here

mattmctree

awesome . thanks.

here i s a dumb question. the chart has a super heat column, do i not need a sling phsycrometer in order to get my wet and dry bulb temps or can i just use my thermometer and guages on the suction line much as would be done to obtain my subcooling on the liquid line

bster352

Get yourself a digital psychrometer...yellow jacket makes one

99blacksi

Yep digital is the way to go. I just picked up the Fieldpiece PRH2 the other day, it does everything you would need.